
ok. time for the last post of my communication blog. today, we were thought on the modern organisational culture. One aspect that remains clearly etched in my mind is the informal organisational structure. In a organisational structure, there are a few important roles. Most would relate this to the structure in a office. Relating it to my current school life, I find that these roles really do exist. The names of the people and the roles they play that I am going to mention is just my opinion.
Cosmopolite - Hmmm, no one really fits the bill perfectly, but I guess the one who comes closest would be Eileen, since she has many connections out of school, as she belongs to some company called "TalentCrowd" (See Eileen, thank me for helping you advertise!)
Bridge - Lucas. Yeah, Lucas is not in my Communications class. He is only in my ESL and MUS class. We are both in the same clique. Also, he has another clique for his other modules that he is taking. As such, he is a member of a clique with connection to another clique. This means that when, for example, my clique wants to find more people to participate in a event, we can look for Lucas, as he acts as the "bridge" between us, and his other clique.
Clique - Without a doubt, the group of people who belong here would be Chern Harn, Leanne, Yi Wen and Claudine - avid online shoppers. They all have similar interests, which is to "shop till they drop". In a sense, this has bonded the few of them closely since they will always have topics to talk about. One example would be this. On a typical school day druing breaks, Leanne would go like "Hey! I saw this top online yesterday! It's very nice and cheap! I'm so gonna get it!" and Chern Harn would go "You mean that new design on http://www.abcdefghijk.blogspot.com/? YES! YES! YES! I saw it too! I'm also gonna get it! Lets get it together so it would be cheaper!" The others soon join in the conversation. In this way, as it can be seen, cliques are formed.
Isolate - I would say that I have not met the person... yet.
Opinon Leader - JX. Since she is the oldest amongst the group of us, she is supposed to be the wisest in terms of decision making. Therefore she is able to influence us with her ideas and thinking.
Cosmopolite - Hmmm, no one really fits the bill perfectly, but I guess the one who comes closest would be Eileen, since she has many connections out of school, as she belongs to some company called "TalentCrowd" (See Eileen, thank me for helping you advertise!)
Bridge - Lucas. Yeah, Lucas is not in my Communications class. He is only in my ESL and MUS class. We are both in the same clique. Also, he has another clique for his other modules that he is taking. As such, he is a member of a clique with connection to another clique. This means that when, for example, my clique wants to find more people to participate in a event, we can look for Lucas, as he acts as the "bridge" between us, and his other clique.
Clique - Without a doubt, the group of people who belong here would be Chern Harn, Leanne, Yi Wen and Claudine - avid online shoppers. They all have similar interests, which is to "shop till they drop". In a sense, this has bonded the few of them closely since they will always have topics to talk about. One example would be this. On a typical school day druing breaks, Leanne would go like "Hey! I saw this top online yesterday! It's very nice and cheap! I'm so gonna get it!" and Chern Harn would go "You mean that new design on http://www.abcdefghijk.blogspot.com/? YES! YES! YES! I saw it too! I'm also gonna get it! Lets get it together so it would be cheaper!" The others soon join in the conversation. In this way, as it can be seen, cliques are formed.
Isolate - I would say that I have not met the person... yet.
Opinon Leader - JX. Since she is the oldest amongst the group of us, she is supposed to be the wisest in terms of decision making. Therefore she is able to influence us with her ideas and thinking.
Well, if you have some one else in mind for the roles mention above, feel free to speak your mind! Haha. Cheers :)
11 comments:
ahahaaa. yeah, during comms just now i was thinking too how the roles played in our class. and i guess you got it almost right! except jx doesnt really influences us, actually, i havent heard her opinion on anything yet! but shes quite a big sister la. hahaha. i think that sometimes one person may have 2 roles too! eg. you la. you could be a bridge between you guys (which is tab, andrew all) and chernharn, leanne all. and youre also sorta the star cause youre friends with almost everyone in class and youre quite comfortable in the various cliques! i think im an isolate. HAHA. cause im not really part of any clique due to my lack of school hours. beams. but im pretty comfortable with you guys. so thats cool. (:
i see my name.
and i do feel that all these types of people are essential in order for a cohesive group to function properly.
and see, i am so kind to comment on your blogs.
and of course, bridge! hhaha, you know what i am talking about (:
Thanks Bon! for helping me advertise my company. HAHA. SO who is the star??? anYWAY, I still have other business proposals, interested??? I am planning of opening a fiancial-pr company,according to the teacher, you get earn billions!!! Interested???? Anyway, who is the star.
well, I am sure all of us are stars in our own way!
FYI: i am not an avid online shopper but yes i have an avid interest for shopping (:
which may be why we are able to click so well.
Then again, cliques dont always form due to a similar interest.
In fact, i feel that our cliques all have pretty distinguished personalities.
In addition, this does not only apply to just us but other people out there i'm sure.
And BTW, age does not = wiser.
take claudine for example.
18? HAHA :X
haha. how true. i agree with your comparisons. how apt. i suppose in every little clique, there will be these positions that people very naturally take up. it seems to be human nature ain't it. haha. people don't even need instructions, and everything just falls into place. how cute. haha.
hello, the one who contributed agenda setting function to ESL class to confuse the psych bitches. and i think i would say i belong to a big clique! think you would know too. HAHAHA. oh well, but its good to make friends outside your cliques too.sometimes.
cliques that last now might not last forever, at least, for mine, it didnt. but i hope yours will last forever!(:
xiuzhen
what! hey bon! my conversations don't totally revolve around online shopping! i still leave time for more intellectual conversations eg. on our school work, tests/exam results.
but oh well, actually, i believe that our clique does not consist of the 4 of us only. and i think we also bond and mix around with other cliques very frequently! and i think you used to be the bridge between us and lucas and co! haha
I'm sure everyone has a clique, but its really confusing and tiring when you have a clique but at the same time you are a bridge. Get what I mean? hmmmm..wonder this happens not. And wont it be great to have a bridge in every clique..haha makes things done easier and the social network would be super huge I guess!
Haha.
ya i have to agree that are commonly seen. However, i feel that the cliques arent that true as many of us mix around each other. there is no doubt that everyone somehow seems part of it. HAHA.
samantha
Post a Comment